Translate this Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gardening Adventures

I have to tell you all about my first gardening experience.  It has been several years since I wanted to put my hands in the dirt to make something pretty grow.  I finally had my chance to get outside and play in the soil.
--
Well, let me just say I felt like a bear in Hawaii, with no idea where to start.  Luckily the gardener was helping me as she showed me how to cut the big roots sticking out of the ground, who knew right.  I haven't actually ever been real close to outside dirt before.  I was on my knees cutting and I saw little ants and worms minding their business, it was pretty cool to me, you know life in action.
--
Wait I have played in the dirt before, near my house was a park and I volunteered to do some planting of trees with some other people about two years ago.  Yes, that was fun, it was something to do with a rain garden, I think.
--
Back to yesterday, after a few minutes she called me over to show me how to plant some flowers in the ground.  There was a former arrangement that we had to alter, which involved taking up some of the walking path and adding the flowers in the same place.  It was pretty easy but I never realized how heavy a shovel could be, I had to get used to the weight of it but after a few minutes I felt like a pro.
--
Near the back side of the house where I saw the ants we added seeds for grass to grow up in the spot that now is just dirt.  Unfortunately, the watering information didn't get to the owner of the house here but I was able to try to make up for it by watering later in the day.
--
Today I feel stiff after the bending and stretching yesterday but its a good aching because I know I didn't something I had not done before that was fun for me as well as helpful.
--
Tomorrow I will take a picture when the sun is out to add to this post.  There isn't much to see from my efforts yet but the former helpers made a cool little garden that I can show off that meanders near the path.

Thanks for reading.
~Rene~

These are the garden images I promised.  It was shady outside so I took pictures by sections.  




I planted two of those daisies on the right side :)


No comments:

Post a Comment